New Red Sea Max 260 incoming!!!

MrsPewterschmidt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi saltwater friends. My new tank is enroute and I’m so excited to upgrade to my new tank!
I was wondering if anyone in here has the Red Sea Max260 or similar model and could share any things for me to look out for with tank setup. I’m quite nervous about setting up such a large (for me) tank myself since my current tank has a very simple set-up and is less than half the size. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. TY!

OP
OP
MrsPewterschmidt

MrsPewterschmidt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine has the S-400, so I'd be happy to share any insight on his build (currently looking after it for him for a few days).
Awesome! That would be fantastic lmk if you find any quirks worth sharing. I appreciate you!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! That would be fantastic lmk if you find any quirks worth sharing. I appreciate you!
He added a full Neptune controller and a separate UV and pump to his system. We augmented his gravity fed ATO with a Neptune ATK kit that refills it from an external 15-gallon IM Hydrofill reservoir (this gives him 2-3 weeks before needing to add more RO).

OP
OP
MrsPewterschmidt

MrsPewterschmidt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He added a full Neptune controller and a separate UV and pump to his system. We augmented his gravity fed ATO with a Neptune ATK kit that refills it from an external 15-gallon IM Hydrofill reservoir (this gives him 2-3 weeks before needing to add more RO).
Sounds awesome!

RAS2REEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi saltwater friends. My new tank is enroute and I’m so excited to upgrade to my new tank!
I was wondering if anyone in here has the Red Sea Max260 or similar model and could share any things for me to look out for with tank setup. I’m quite nervous about setting up such a large (for me) tank myself since my current tank has a very simple set-up and is less than half the size. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. TY!
Hey There,

I currently have the Max E-260. Really liking it so far. It has been running for 6 months, no real complaints other than the rear cover/plate that hides the skimmer top never fit/clipped in right, even out of the box. Also, make sure you give the skimmer a few weeks or even a month to settle in before trying to mess with it/tune it, as it takes time to break in. here is the link to my build/update page.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-max-e-260-build.938070/

OP
OP
MrsPewterschmidt

MrsPewterschmidt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey There,

I currently have the Max E-260. Really liking it so far. It has been running for 6 months, no real complaints other than the rear cover/plate that hides the skimmer top never fit/clipped in right, even out of the box. Also, make sure you give the skimmer a few weeks or even a month to settle in before trying to mess with it/tune it, as it takes time to break in. here is the link to my build/update page.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-max-e-260-build.938070/
Thanks for the response. Your tank is looking great! Did it come with the tank heater or did you add yours separately? My tank won’t arrive until Wednesday, but would love to have all my components ready when it arrives. TY!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back