New Reef Club in Cincinnati

gowingsgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news fellow reefers. There is a new club in Cincinnati so please come check us out at Cincinnati Area Reef Enthusiasts - Home
Cincinnati Area Reef Enthusiasts
We are also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiAreaReefEnthusiasts

We have some great things planed for 2013.

C.A.R.E. has just booked a date and location for our first Frag Swap and Educational Expo. So mark your calendar for May 11th Location is the Dayspring church of god 1060 Smiley ave Cincinnati Ohio 45240. Right off of 275 just past the underground. We have confirmed that the Divers from the Newport Aquarium with all there equipment for the kids to try out and some of the staff from the Cincinnati Zoo will be on hand with lots of cool things for the kids to do.
We at C.A.R.E. want to make this more the just a frag swap with lots of games and educational activates for both kids and adults to enjoy.

Also we have booked our first few vendor for the show. Dirk Griffin will be there. If you have never seen his setup of dry goods well you will be very happy to see it. Dirk brings out an entire store full of goodies. If he don't have it you don't need it. lol And Ideal Aquatic will be at our Frag swap. The Last show I went to, they were there with over 300 ricordeas to pick from. Acans and a bunch of other very nice corals. I am really looking forward to see what they bring to the swap.
I better start saving now. So no one tell the wife. :wink:

C.A.R.E. has also partnered up with the Cincinnati Zoo and is currently working on a 9000 gallon Caribbean reef tank that will be house with there manatee exhibit. This is very exciting for us and we hope it will help to further the education for all about reefs and our hobby.

C.A.R.E. is a non-profit social club built on the foundation that as reef hobbyists we should strive to educate ourselves and others on our wonderful hobby.
We are a group of hobbyists dedicated to maintaining healthy aquariums through education, propagation and communication.
Using our knowledge gained through our hobby, we want to help raise awareness for our ocean's reefs.

More details to come here and at Cincinnati Area Reef Enthusiasts - Home
Thanks
Paul Schultes

OP
OP
gowingsgo

gowingsgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C.A.R.E. will be holding there first club meeting this Saturday 4:30pm at Denise’s house. Please check out our web site for directions. Cincinnati Area Reef Enthusiasts - Home We have a lot to go over and have some great frags and other stuff for everyone.
A few things we will be covering. Our up coming meeting with the Cincinnati zoo. This project is really starting to take off. The 9000 gallon Caribbean reef tank and the 100 gallon Florida tank are staring to move from the planning stage to build stage and we will need all hands on deck when this happens. Also we will be working on our up coming frag swap and educational expo. We got the layout done and have added another vender to the show. Marine Solutions will be there, and with there 20 years of experience I am sure it will be great to have them. I am sure there will be lots more to cover but if you cant make it I will be posting updates here and on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiAreaReefEnthusiasts and we will always be updating our web site so please stay tuned
Hope to see you all there.
Thanks
Paul

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back