New reefer from India

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aap Kaise Ho @snk_anindya.. @Nano Saltyy is from India that just joined the forum as well. Wish you the best this hobby has to offer.

Just Saying Hi GIF by MOODMAN

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I am Kishore from India.
New to the hobby. Though I have been keeping freshwater aquariums for over 15 years !!
Could not resist the urge to try saltwater. So, after several years of procrastination and several months of research, I am finally entering the salty side. Its my dream to have reef tank. But, its quite difficult in India due to the overall unfriendly environment for this side of the hobby (with all the government bans on several types of corals, and very less hobbyists actually sharing / showing their tanks).
Still, I hope to have a simple reef tank, atleast some softies and LPS if possible.
So, I am starting a 3 feet (70 gallon) tank. I have posted a thread of my aquascape at My aquascape thread. Please feel free to take a look at it and provide your feedback!!

Finally, I would like to get to know any fellow reefers from India on this forum. Please hit me up and it would be great to exchange ideas and tank updates with you !! After all, a good community support goes a long way in this hobby!!

Cheers !! :)
Welcome!

whale GIF

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome kishor. I am originally from india, living in Bay Area for past 10 years.
It will be hard to source corals as well as getting online details since it is banned. Start with FOWLR /fish only system and let the rockscape age. I know a few with salt water tanks and i have seen gsp and probably some euphylias in Kolkata, pet shops back in 2014. I highly doubt anything like that present today. Let us know your plans and any questions you may have. Equipment and rest (salt etc) are scarce but definitely sourcable, because of the niche saltwater tank community there.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back