New Reefer: Just started my cycle & QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter phatduckk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Quick updates: tank's been setup & running w/ the Apex and everything (no skimmer) while I cycle.

I started my cycle w/ Dt Tim & 2ppm of their ammonium chloride. My ammonia was off the charts a week later (neon green w/ Red Sea kit) so I dosed Bio-Spira 2 days ago. Now im sitting at 0 ammonia and sky high nitrites. Not in a hurry so im just gonna test every couple days to see where this nitrite lands in the next 7-10 days.

Also just bought a lid from https://www.clearviewlids.com.
 
they look amazing from the videos and pics I saw. only bummer is the 1 month wait.

those DIT kits seem like user error waiting to happen lol
I failed misserably at the diy ones twice. Then decided instead of wasting money in those kits trying to do something I am clearly not qualified for, I would just pay and let a pro make them for me. I did a very custom one in the tsunami line. Love them. The only issue is salt creep gets in the tsunami joints so I have to clean them thoroughly every now and then. But they look amazing, are very light and very functional.
 
I failed misserably at the diy ones twice. Then decided instead of wasting money in those kits trying to do something I am clearly not qualified for, I would just pay and let a pro make them for me. I did a very custom one in the tsunami line. Love them. The only issue is salt creep gets in the tsunami joints so I have to clean them thoroughly every now and then. But they look amazing, are very light and very functional.

yup. On the same page. Just gonna use some egg crate till mine finally arrives
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new