New reefer looking to join the family!

diverjm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Jordan. I am new to the reef aquarium community. I’ve been into aquariums all my life. Ive owned many fish only freshwater aquariums as well as a few high tech planted aquariums. I did attempt to set up a reef aquarium about 12 years ago. I encountered every problem possible, including multiple algae outbreaks, bristle worms, aiptasia, hidden CUC death which spiked water parameters, and finally a malfunctioning heater that cooked all of the tank inhabitants. All of these challenges caused me to throw in the towel. Last year I got multiple scuba certifications which made me fall in love with the beauty of the ocean again. I’m finally ready to re-embark on a reef journey. Here is a list of my equipment I’m using to start a zoa only tank.

•LED BioCube 32 with stock lighting
• Custom stand (in progress)
• Intank basket and refugium
• 2 Koralia 525GPH powerheads
• 2 100w Eheim E-heaters
• Inkbird heater controller
• 35 lbs Real Reef Rock
• 20lbs Fiji pink sand
• 10lbs Special Grade reef sand
I plan on posting a build thread once I start setting up. Cheers!

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! We're happy to have you :)

af573bf97b99c19da363e1df9ba0df55.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jordan, Welcome back! You've got a big'ol support group here rooting for you and the tank. Let us know how we can help, you're already well on your well to getting back up and running. Keep dropping posts so we can help! Congrats on the scuba certs.

giphy.gif

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Jordan. I am new to the reef aquarium community. I’ve been into aquariums all my life. Ive owned many fish only freshwater aquariums as well as a few high tech planted aquariums. I did attempt to set up a reef aquarium about 12 years ago. I encountered every problem possible, including multiple algae outbreaks, bristle worms, aiptasia, hidden CUC death which spiked water parameters, and finally a malfunctioning heater that cooked all of the tank inhabitants. All of these challenges caused me to throw in the towel. Last year I got multiple scuba certifications which made me fall in love with the beauty of the ocean again. I’m finally ready to re-embark on a reef journey. Here is a list of my equipment I’m using to start a zoa only tank.

• 2 100w Eheim E-heaters
• 35 lbs Real Reef Rock
• 20lbs Fiji pink sand
Welcome, hope you have better success this go around!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• 2 100w Eheim E-heaters
• 35 lbs Real Reef Rock
• 20lbs Fiji pink sand
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back