Hello from Whidbey Island!

SeaJelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef community!

I’m brand new to reefing and am excited to embark on this new adventure and join this community. I’ve found that there’s so, so much to learn about this hobby and it’s great to know that there are so many people out there who love reefing.

I never really thought about having a fish tank. It’s not that I was against it, it just never crossed my mind as something to do. But then I went to Petco by chance one night after driving around to clear my head and somehow ended up bringing home a betta fish.

That then turned into me researching how to create the best environment for my betta, “Benimaru”, and that evolved into even more research in setting up larger aquariums. I decided that ultimately I wanted to start a saltwater aquarium.

Growing up my mom always had aquariums. The majority were saltwater. I remember that over the years we had a small octopus, a lionfish, and a sea urchin. I loved to just sit in front of it and watch the fish. It was amazing having a piece of the ocean in our home!

So, I decided that I’m going to set up my first saltwater aquarium. This will be my first aquarium (other than Benimaru’s). Every free moment of my time has been spent researching how to start a reef tank, I don’t even know how many hours I’ve researched, but it’s more than 30.

Other than my reefing adventure, I’m a mid-twenties married woman that works at a large national bank in retail banking. I’ve worked at this bank for nearly 5 years and am licensed with FINRA. I love finance, which will certainly help with budgeting the reef tank!

My husband and I have been together for 9 years and we have two cats and a dog. Our dog, Leo, is a 4 year old, 90lb German Shepherd. He is the best buddy boy and the best thing in my life (after my husband). I recently stopped pursuing my bachelor’s degree, so now I actually have time to figure out what hobbies I enjoy doing!

Currently, I’m focused on finding the right tank/stand/sump/equipment for my new reef tank. Most of my free time is spent researching and learning about saltwater aquariums, which has been a lot of fun. I have several word documents with information I’ve found. But I also love photography and playing piano!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than my reefing adventure, I’m a mid-twenties married woman that works at a large national bank in retail banking. I’ve worked at this bank for nearly 5 years and am licensed with FINRA.
I would recommend learning how to print money to pay for the hobby. :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Welcome to Reef2Reef! Advice is always free, and usually worth every penny?

Whats Up Mexican GIF
Glad you found us.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back