New Reefer

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my girlfriend and i are new to the reef tanks and are going to start with our own tanks. I picked up two biocubes last week from marketplace and we will are slowly going to build them up over the next few weeks.
A significant other that enjoys this preoccupation? And seems this is a bit of competition? Well hallelujah, hold on to her! Come talk to my wife....actually don't we'll end up really poor then lol...
I see you in Mississauga, Port Perry a few hours up the road here. Welcome aboard, and soak up all the sage advice from our friends on the site!

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. It is no too late to back out of the hobby before the force pulls you in. Also many good people in Mississauga that are more than happy to exchange money for tiny invertebrates! Fragbox, Candy Cane just to name 2. Coral Reef Store is awesome if you come across Burlington.
I've joined GTA reefer and a few other Facebook groups. Already had quite a few members reach out with clowns and zoas when I'm ready. Thinking I might just wait till boxing down and camp out infront of candy corals. That store has to be one of the coolest places I've laid eyes on. I've already started a boxing day (birthday) list for what I plan to buy.

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A significant other that enjoys this preoccupation? And seems this is a bit of competition? Well hallelujah, hold on to her! Come talk to my wife....actually don't we'll end up really poor then lol...
I see you in Mississauga, Port Perry a few hours up the road here. Welcome aboard, and soak up all the sage advice from our friends on the site!
Our original plan was to build a large planted freshwater tank with a Betta, some tettras, and a shrimp. We wanted to start out easy. Then I started looking more into salt water tanks and figured we would take the plunge.

I think she likes it most because the tank gets to stay with her (I work on the road), and the money comes out of my account lol. She's also very good at making them. Everyone in the tank has a name and they're pretty good.

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20201215_210001438.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back