New Return Pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter pdiehm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2014
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
586
Location
Delaware
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a new return pump during the black friday sales events.

the choices are:

1) Deepwater Aquatics BLDC10

2) Waveline DC1000

or

3) Other

Background: currently have a Sicce 5.0, but with the return line design and even with 1" return plumbing, my 1.5" beananimal main siphon gate valve is just about fully closed. I'm also feeding a refugium, so I'm looking at a larger return pump vs re-designing the plumbing.

Both the waveline and the deepwater are over 2500gph, which by my calculations puts about 1700gph into my aquarium if fully open, and if I dial it back, hoping to get 1100-1200 into the aquarium and through the sump.

I don't know a whole lot about either the deepwater or the waveline. I do know about jebao, but have read horror stories that they don't last long. Another option is the ecotech M1 (I think...the smaller one), but honestly the name ecotech raises the price about $150, and while I'm sure it's a great pump, not sure the difference in pumps is worth that kind of money.

Which would you get and why?
 
I dont know if Ecotech marine ever had a sale on black friday - I would want an M1 or L1 vectra. and u so right about the DC choice, make our life easier
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new