New RFA buried itself

DirkCourage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got four rock flowers a few days ago. I left a couple of them in the containers they came in, so they were acclimated to the tank. But I finally decided to remove them and get them onto the sand. One of them seems to have taken this poorly. When I got home today, it had basically burrowed itself under a rock and had sand on it, and had receded in size. The others look great. Should I turn down the lights for a few days? What signs should I look out for if this is going further south?

D9181A55-73C7-4B65-AE8D-BE824CD2FF3E.jpeg

OP
OP
DirkCourage

DirkCourage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got four rock flowers a few days ago. I left a couple of them in the containers they came in, so they were acclimated to the tank. But I finally decided to remove them and get them onto the sand. One of them seems to have taken this poorly. When I got home today, it had basically burrowed itself under a rock and had sand on it, and had receded in size. The others look great. Should I turn down the lights for a few days? What signs should I look out for if this is going further south?

D9181A55-73C7-4B65-AE8D-BE824CD2FF3E.jpeg
Welp, never mind. I blew a little of the gravel off and within an hour it is in full bloom. I can see I’ll have some learning to do with these guys.

Attachments

• A5AD54DD-EFE7-405C-A7D3-C36A55E34977.jpeg
    A5AD54DD-EFE7-405C-A7D3-C36A55E34977.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience if they are not happy where they are they will just leave. The risk is them finding the overflow or powerhead, but otherwise i would not be concerned with helping them find a happy place.

Upvote 0

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, never mind. I blew a little of the gravel off and within an hour it is in full bloom. I can see I’ll have some learning to do with these guys.
Nems are weird. I have one that walks from one end of the tank to another bottom and top of rocks lol these guys are my absolute favorite though. I had a rainbow get so pi$$ed that it shrunk up to 1/5 it’s size. I thought it was dying. Few days later it was totally fine. It takes a lot to kill these guys (and gals).

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back