New Roof Construction

bubble.of.zen

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
31
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are getting a new roof on Monday. They said it will take 2-3 days. I'm afraid the loud noises will freak out my fish. I can set up a 10 gallon out in my art studio (short path down to it), but would transferring them cause more stress than just waiting it out? I have a mandarin, firefish, and yellow watchman goby.
Thanks!
Shelley
 
I would think they will be ok where they are. I would definitely cover the tank if you think Dust might get in. Got pictures of the tank?
 
Upvote 0
I think you’ll be fine. I performed all kinds of destruction at my last house and the fish never complained. The drive by shootings and helicopters didn’t even phase them!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We are getting a new roof on Monday. They said it will take 2-3 days. I'm afraid the loud noises will freak out my fish. I can set up a 10 gallon out in my art studio (short path down to it), but would transferring them cause more stress than just waiting it out? I have a mandarin, firefish, and yellow watchman goby.
Thanks!
Shelley

We had our roof done a few years ago, no issues to speak of.

How old is the house? The only way I see an issue is if the house is older and doesn't have plywood laid down already under the roof that is there. Then you MIGHT get a little dust that may come through, but I don't think it would be anything to worry about.
 
Upvote 0
I would think they will be ok where they are. I would definitely cover the tank if you think Dust might get in. Got pictures of the tank?

We had our roof done a few years ago, no issues to speak of.

How old is the house? The only way I see an issue is if the house is older and doesn't have plywood laid down already under the roof that is there. Then you MIGHT get a little dust that may come through, but I don't think it would be anything to worry about.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new