New Satellite Tank... Can you guess what it is for?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this satellite tank is going to run off of my RS170 manifold and return to the sump. Can you guess what it is going in it? @ISpeakForTheSeas
BTW drilling 1/8" glass (maybe) is not for the faint of heart...
IMG_2212.jpeg

And here is a hint...
This was a hide tide rescue inside the breakwater.
IMG_2255.jpeg

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don‘t know, but how does the tie in work? Does it have its own return pump in the sump and is that some sort of overflow on the left?
I have a manifold I built off of the return pump that runs to the chiller (another clue) and I have two other ports. This will use one of those ports that is controlled by a gate valve and the return from the satellite tank just goes back to the sump. My main tank has a pretty high flow and this will be a low flow tank.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guess what it is going in it? @ISpeakForTheSeas
Haha, my first thought was a nem of some kind, but I knew that was wrong with the transparent blob, so I was going to guess a jellyfish of some variety - wouldn't have been able to guess a Red-Eyed Medusa (Polyorchis pencillatus) from the first pic though. Super cool find!

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, my first thought was a nem of some kind, but I knew that was wrong with the transparent blob, so I was going to guess a jellyfish of some variety - wouldn't have been able to guess a Red-Eyed Medusa (Polyorchis pencillatus) from the first pic though. Super cool find!
I didnt mean to ruin @TangerineSpeedo 's fun... gosh napoleon!!!

OP
OP
TangerineSpeedo

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct sir!

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back