New SCA Aquarium. Would this be acceptable to you?

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new 150gallon shadow overflow.

The front euro-Brace slants 1/4 from left to right.

The doors will not close correctly.

See pictures.

I'm very disappointed. Heartbroken.
20190321_185938.jpeg
20190321_185929.jpeg
20190321_214530.jpeg

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent him an email. I hate to complain. I'm not a complainer. and Steve is such a nice guy. He was so friendly and so helpful during the buying process.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too picky. The finish of the paint in the aquarium itself are absolutely beautiful. It was the construction. It must have been made on a Friday at 4.

And to top it off I'm putting in new floors. And I can't transfer my old tank to this new tank to finish the floors where the old tank is sitting.

with that eurobrace being so crooked the waterline of the taint would always be crooked when you looked at the tank. That's hard to live with. I'm pretty heartbroken.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez! Well, issues happen and I am a firm believer in you really do not get to see how good a company is until there is a problem and how they respond.
Exactly. Anyone can sell you something, the real mettle of a company comes when something goes wrong.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent Steve an email a few hours ago with pics. I hope he responds.

It was so bad I noticed it with my eyes. I'm not even a carpenter. Lol. I didn't run around with a ruler looking for this. It just was blatantly obvious. The stand doors were one thing. But this is just too much.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I could scrape the adhesive off and reglue but the brace is adhered to the corner. There's even unecen adhesive on the sides where the outside glass butts up. I'm not looking for absolute perfection. But this would be noticable as soon as you looked at the aquarium. Sigh

Is Steve a member here?

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, man. I'm just not a complainer. I own a business and have worked in retail one way or another my entire life. So I rarely complain and research and normally know what I'm going to get. This is just too much. I appreciate the kind words.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to acknowledge that I searched SCA here on R2R for a few weeks before pulling the trigger. Every person that did have a problem seemed to have been taken care of. Most owners had no problems.

This post wasn't meant to be a flame post. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overreacting or unreasonable.

I emailed him early today but haven't heard back. I'll definitely keep them posted and will also give the same amount of attention if corrected.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after more investigation.

The back eurobrace is absolutely dead on.

I want you to look at then two pictures and tell me which looks more like low iron glass.

20190323_020934.jpeg
PicsArt_03-23-03.05.07.jpeg

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to think they drilled the front of the tank.

The black glass doesn't have as dark of a green tint. Doesn't lower iron glass show up less green

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp. It's Monday. I suppose I'll get a reply today since I didn't receive one Friday.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it was better to just give him a call. He gets busy and doesn't check his email as often as he would like. If you need his contact info just message me.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it was better to just give him a call. He gets busy and doesn't check his email as often as he would like. If you need his contact info just message me.
Nothing so far. Should I just call the 800 number?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to think they drilled the front of the tank.

The black glass doesn't have as dark of a green tint. Doesn't lower iron glass show up less green
Can you compare the green to the side panes from above?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back