New SCA Aquarium. Would this be acceptable to you?

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you compare the green to the side panes from above?
No, it has some of black coating on it.

I only was able to show the side shots.

The color tint and the fact the back eurobrace is perfect leads me to think this is what happened.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you compare the green to the side panes from above?
Ok the side panes and back panes are covered with a black material. Their are 2 spots on the back with cut outs. Here are the pics

1. Front right corner.
2. Back glass with small cut out.
3. Drilled hole on back glass

Then some shots with the flash since light was low on the rear.

Front glass and right side corner
20190326_000251.jpeg

Rear right where there is a cutout
20190326_000352.jpeg
20190326_000400.jpeg
20190326_000432.jpeg
20190326_000458.jpeg

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging by the photos alone, I’d say the back panel looks much less green than the others. But then again it’s hard to say for sure without more of the back panel visible. Also I think you could get better photos with truer color and clarity without using flash, by using a different source of light instead.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't. But here's more.

The canopy had play in it. Dig around and found this on one of the braces.

They broke a screw and the brace and just said screw it and used silicone and finishing nails instead. SMH. They also don't use wood glue.

3 or 4 emails and no reply.

I'm literally scared to put water in this thing. I can't finish the rest of the floors in my house until I can transfer my other tank into the new one.

So the tank, stand and canopy are all jacked up. I feel like I was ripped off. I wasted alot of money on this pile.
20190328_121737.jpeg

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont want to sound like a broken record, but you need to pick up the phone and call him. Sitting on R2R and complaining about this, without giving him a call and discussing all the issues wont solve a dang thing. Now if you talked and nothing comes out of it, then thats a whole different story (I dont see that happening though)

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont want to sound like a broken record, but you need to pick up the phone and call him. Sitting on R2R and complaining about this, without giving him a call and discussing all the issues wont solve a dang thing. Now if you talked and nothing comes out of it, then thats a whole different story (I dont see that happening though)
I'm dealing with house renovation, tax audit and my father's estate. I will call when I have the free time which I haven't had this week. It's usually late by the time I've finished everything going on this week. I will get around to calling.

They can also respond to my multiple emails. The same way he responded the 10+ times when I was shopping and ordering. It goes both ways.

I replied to this thread because someone had asked me a question 2 days ago and I simply added what else I have found.

I haven't been "sitting on R2R" in fact I just today noticed people had asked questions. I wish I enough time to "sit on r2r"

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with house renovation, tax audit and my father's estate. I will call when I have the free time which I haven't had this week. It's usually late by the time I've finished everything going on this week. I will get around to calling.

They can also respond to my multiple emails. The same way he responded the 10+ times when I was shopping and ordering. It goes both ways.

I replied to this thread because someone had asked me a question 2 days ago and I simply added what else I have found.

I haven't been "sitting on R2R" in fact I just today noticed people had asked questions. I wish I enough time to "sit on r2r"

I'm guessing the phone call would take about as much time as writing a couple long posts on the forum, but a ton more would get accomplished.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is fair enough, and valid point about lack of email response. I will say that maybe they have valid reason for not responding to the email, so you need to talk to them over the phone and figure out what is going on. I am all for calling out companies when they deserve, but I also dont think it is fair to do so until all the facts are known from both sides as well. I've seen way too many threads like these (in general, not specific to R2R) where one person made a huge deal over something, and then it turns out there was a whole different side to the story as well that wasnt initially shared. I am not saying this is the case here, but if you cant get this resolved over the phone, then by all means call them out on here and everywhere else.

Hope it doesnt get to this point however, and that you are successful in getting this taken care of via a a quick phone call.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Sucks! Call the Seller when you can . A daily E-mail creates a paper trail, remember to include that you are telephoning him daily as well. Your family, home, come first, this will wait. Or we can bad-mouth him later. It’s not straight, and you need a new one, no exceptions.!!!

jent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my own issues with SCA, but I don't think your low iron test is fair. The hole causes you to only be looking through a portion of the glass. The black back also will change how light reflects. I would advise using a flashlight shine through the top exposed side and pointed down through the glass. Then compare the color at the bottom of the tank. I attached photos from my former sca tank to show the difference. It's worth noting that sca low iron is still greener than my new tank (which also has thicker glass). I think it's still fine, but certainly not as clear as the photos earlier.

IMG_20190329_104350209.jpg IMG_20190329_104402214.jpg

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you're saying Jent, but I think he's still correct that the front and back got swapped. On my SCA with the sides blacked out the front and side are still very similar and distinctly blue. 20190329_105743.jpg
Front glass on the left, blacked out side panel on the bottom

20190329_105808.jpg
Same blacked out side panel on bottom, back glass on right.

I feel like the back glass can't be the same low-iron glass as the fronts, it's such a big difference in person it's hard to capture on camera.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So sounds like you have your hands full and based off your pics no way I would put water in that, because it would all be going back. So you documented it with emails, so go deal with the other fires, this can wait.

You have enough to just fight it through your credit card company, those always seem to get vendor responses, do a charge back and wait for them to come to you.

gtrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow phish fan here...

I'd be rick. Return that for 100% refund. I'm really happy with my low iron tank from C2C.

Here's a pic of the glass color. Def not green...not even close. it's clear blue.

IMG_1333.jpg

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing the phone call would take about as much time as writing a couple long posts on the forum, but a ton more would get accomplished.
Perhaps, but since the OP has been responding around midnight I doubt a phone call at that time would do him much good..

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are their tanks usually made with low iron panels on front and sides, and regular glass on back?

This is pretty standard with most companies, no sense in using far more expensive glass in a panel that is blacked out :) This is definately something that one could pay extra for though, I paid extra for starfire in my Euro bracing mostly because it will be seen from every angle, my back and bottom panels are regular glass.

To the OP, that is truly unacceptable and I'm sure you will be made right in time, as mentioned above you could do a charge back or just wait, focus on other things and let them get back to you. Why do all the work chasing them if you don't have the time to call when you are most definately busy with other things.:)

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps, but since the OP has been responding around midnight I doubt a phone call at that time would do him much good..
I came here to say exactly that.

I did not get Finished early enough today. They are several hours behind me. My day starts way before theirs and I haven't been free from a public or suitable place to make this type of call for several days. Again.. if you can answer emails (I can certainly post screens of them) making a sale you can also while dealing with issues and customer service. I do it ALL DAY LONG. The email actually contains pics of the problems with description.

I'm really feeling defeated in several ways:

A. I have to carve out 6-8 hours for delivery with the freight company. That's if they would only replace.

B. I have to meet the freight truck down the road and they have to BACK down my street while I guide them from hitting service lines that are low on some areas because there is no place for an 18 Wheeler to turn around.

C. I have to gather man-power 3 - 4 people to move a new tank in place and remove and dispose of the other.

D. I have until Tuesday for a contractor to come finish their work otherwise it'll be 3 - 4 weeks before I can get them back.

I'm about to start plumbing it and hope for the best. I think I have a local guy who can reglue the eurobrace. The tank is square. I checked this morning.

I'm still not sure about the glass. It looks as green as any non-low iron glass I've seen. I'm no expert. It's why I asked. The whole point of the post TBH.

I fixed the brace on the canopy and I will attempt to fix the cabinet doors. The scratches and dents aren't that bad.

I really don't have any other option. My house is torn apart and I have a 600 sq ft area that has half new floors and half old floor and concrete.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back