New sleeper goby acting strange

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this guy. He stays at the top. Being tossed around in the flow. Last night he got stuck on the weirs. I got out my acclimation box and stuck him inside. Tonight, let him out. He's still doing this bobbing at the top and battling the flow. I've turned on feed mode a couple times. He has started to go down but then zips back up to the surface. Got stuck once in the weirs but got free.

I've set up my acclimation box with a plastic tub of sand. Thinking I'll have to put him back and I'll lower it for the night. Far as I can see he is not eating yet.

He was in a plastic container at the fish store. Almost like he doesn't know what to do in a 240 gal tank! I had one before who didn't act like this!! Tank parameters are all good. All other fish are good. It is an upgrade tank so new yet not new as there is a ton of live rock and corals. Like I said. All other fish are normal. Haven't had eyes today on all the new fish I added yesterday but the ones I've seen are fine. The others were all good last night.

It can swim across tank, go down, back up, to the side etc. It can escape that flow.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good news. Turning flows off several times seems to have done the trick. He has found his home for now at least. I think it didn't know what to do or where to go in this huge tank. Prob. used to tiny square homes. Excuse the dirty glass. First day of having diatoms on glass! Will clean tomorrow and not scare the poor guy tonight. Will leave the
acclimation box up in case.

Anyone else have this experience?
20211017_204001.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back