image.jpg

image.jpg

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are really blue but the first one is looking bleached pretty badly. I would contact the seller

OP
OP
Duhnk

Duhnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One is almost all bleached except for spots very small brown spots

OP
OP
Duhnk

Duhnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So those 3 look in bad shape. Idk if when I dipped them they got like this but they look bad. I used coral rx for dipping

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look really bad. Sorry.

I don't have any issues dipping in Coral Rx with all but some smooth skinned deepwaters - I see none of these, so if you used it correctly, that was probably not your issue.

OP
OP
Duhnk

Duhnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn’t had issues before with coral rx I’ve used it on my montis that are doing fine in my tank.
That makes sense about the fresh cut corals since he didn’t take the time for them to grow onto the plug.

Last edited:

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn’t had issues before with coral rx I’ve used it on my montis that are doing fine in my tank.
That makes sense about the fresh cut corals since he didn’t take the time for them to grow onto the plug.
Coral RX can kill super sensitive acros OR acros that are already very stressed. So between fresh cut and shipping, then dip, it was not going to go well. :(

OP
OP
Duhnk

Duhnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral RX can kill super sensitive acros OR acros that are already very stressed. So between fresh cut and shipping, then dip, it was not going to go well. :(
That makes more sense lesson learned. They didn’t look to well when I got them only one that did was the red cap I got

OP
OP
Duhnk

Duhnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said I’d get credit if they died but I think that one looks like it did die

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad experience with coralrx dipping Acro's, they were from my lfs and not shipped and well encrusted. That was the last time i tried it, i went back to brightwell's coral dip since ive never had a bad dip with it.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t blame the seller though. Acros don’t have to be well encrusted to survive. No one asked how long he acclimated and or what he did to acclimate. I feel like coral rx is a little strong but it doesn’t kill sps. I will say dipping smooth skinned acros tend to be the hardiest for me.

Either way, I’m sorry to hear that happened! I would see if the seller would maybe hook you up for next time.

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I’m not blaming the seller, Reef Addicted is a personal friend of mine. He sells 300+ corals a week, and has done so for years. This is the first I’ve heard of corals not making it. Sometimes things happen though. I’ve personally never had a problem. I do know he packages everything HIMSELF and takes pride in service.

Mike810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dipped fresh cuts in rx without any problems. What are your parameters? The white light picture looks like the back wall has a lot of algae on it.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dipped fresh cuts in rx without any problems. What are your parameters? The white light picture looks like the back wall has a lot of algae on it.
Fresh cuts that had just been shipped? Also not every situation will be the same. One person might do something without a problem but another does the same and has problems.

OP
OP
Duhnk

Duhnk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller has been awesome with everything and the rest of the corals are doing ok in the system.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back