new sps on the way

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, where did everyone go? I have some new sps on the way should be here tomarrow. Had to get some stuff to keep up with you guys. lol. anyhow, happy reefing and whens the next pigramidge? Some pics of your new set up would be nice Natclan. Later

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want pictures? I still haven't had time to do an aquascaping much less snap any pictures:bigsmile:, been on an aiptasia and GSP killing spree though. GSP has topped my list of undesirable critters in my tank aiptasia now ranks #2 followed by my now deceased 24" Euncid worm. I would like to get most of the GSP and aiptasia killed off before I epoxy the rock back together, makes it so much easier to kill them when you can pick the rock up and turn it over. Most of the corals survived the move but I lost two of my ORA's (Voodo staghorn and Belina), also lost my Orange Bam Bam zoas, and my red scolimia. Everything else is recovering nicely and has begun to color back up.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want pictures? I still haven't had time to do an aquascaping much less snap any pictures:bigsmile:, been on an aiptasia and GSP killing spree though. GSP has topped my list of undesirable critters in my tank aiptasia now ranks #2 followed by my now deceased 24" Euncid worm. I would like to get most of the GSP and aiptasia killed off before I epoxy the rock back together, makes it so much easier to kill them when you can pick the rock up and turn it over. Most of the corals survived the move but I lost two of my ORA's (Voodo staghorn and Belina), also lost my Orange Bam Bam zoas, and my red scolimia. Everything else is recovering nicely and has begun to color back up.

Hey John I think I can probably come up with a frag of Bam-Bams, let me know if you're interested.

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to be dense John but what exactly is GSP? I've got a bunch of Aiptasia that srung up in my fuge but so far non in the main tank. they don't seem to be spreading or anything down there either. I've heard there's more than 1 species of them and some are not as invasive as others?

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, I am definetly interested.

Terry, GSP= (Green Star Polyps). As for the aiptasia I wouldn't trust any of them they all will spread. You are right that some aren't as invasive as others but they all will spread and they start slow and once they get a decent population base they will grow exponentially. I would kill them even though they are just in your sump.

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...Green star polyps! Thanks. you could bring them over to my big tank. I can't seem to keep them alive in there.
I guess you're right. I should work on getting them out of my sump. Thanks John.

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your really want some GSP, I can hook you up with some I have plenty although it I am slowly getting ahead of it and killing it off. I have found I can barely kill it off faster than it spreads.

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a teeny tiny clump of it left in my big tank. Used to be a large island of it but the tiny peice is all that survived. Also used to have quite a large forest of Xenia but my arrow crab ate at it and picked at it until it died.

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both if you want some, I also have more kenya trees than I know know what to do with. Let me know if you want some. I also have some lavender digitata, green with purple rim monti cap, and pink birdsnest that I could part with.

Trandall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now that the arrow crab is gone, I might be able to try Xenia again. Will think about it thatnks John. I can't have any SPS in the big tank. Just does not work. I've got a green with purple rim monti in my 67g and it's doing quite well. I also have some pink birdsnest that seems to be doing o.k.
What does NOT do well at all in my 67 < and one of the reasons i set it up> is Zoas of ANY kind! I've lost so many of them it's really frustrating. I love Zoas but couldn't put them in my 210 as my Regal Angel thinks they're candy!
So, I set up the 67 and all the Zoas I've tried thus far seem to just melt and die. :0(
I'm looking for some varieties that like more light instead of moderate? I've got the 2-400 watt MH above the 67 and it'a only 18" deep. I'd really love to have Zoas in that tank. I've bought some beautiful ones, expensive too and none of them have made it.

OP
OP
str8salt

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about your dirty blue jeans John. They get brighter with the more light they have and I know they loved my dual 400s. I dont know how much more light you could have. lol.

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure here's a pic from my tank
IMG_0360_3745_edited-2.jpg

I am in a position to make a frag or two if anyone would like one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back