Nano

Nick D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, been a minute. About 8 months ago I took apart my 210 gal mixed reef to downsize to a 34 gal nano with the intention to keep some sps and lps. After all parameters were pretty stable I started adding some small fish. Ie. 4 clowns, 2 fire fish, 2 mandarins, 1 cardinal. Also started adding zoos and a few lps pcs. I added numerous sps frags hoping to watch the growth progression. However I can’t understand why the frags all retract within a month of purchase. Parameters are :
Salinity 1.025
Calc 500
Kh 8-9
Mag 1300
Phos 00.25
Nitrate 0
I dose for calc, mag, kh so pretty stable. Run carbon and roa for phos. Also run up light.
I used a few pcs of already cured rock from my last set up but did not dip initially for any parasites as this is new to me.
I was told I need to dip any new corals and I have done so. Could there be a parasite problem where I should take everything out and dip to start over ? Can’t seem to keep even Acans for long. Hammers, torch’s, frogspawn all doing good. Only have one sps doing good. Any help appreciated .

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's your issue but 0 nitrate is not ideal and PO4 is a bit higher than recommended for across.

What is your lighting situation?

When your sps dies, what dies it look like? Slow or rapid decline? Skin shedding?

OP
OP
N

Nick D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it's your issue but 0 nitrate is not ideal and PO4 is a bit higher than recommended for across.

What is your lighting situation?

When your sps dies, what dies it look like? Slow or rapid decline? Skin shedding?
I have the AI 26 lighting system programmed for natural everyday dawn to night . The spa always looks good foe a few weeks then gradually starts to retreat then bleach out. Not rapid at all.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back