Help save my euphyllia corals

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torches are dying and my hammers look weird they have large gaping mouths with tentacles flat!

I don’t think it’s worms or brown jelly disease. The only thing I can think of is they are still in shock from the Dino X treatment I did. The Dino x killed all my sps but I thought my LPS would survive. I stopped dosing Dino x 12 days ago and did a 50% water change.
Why would my Euphyllia be dying now 12 days later? Could the shock from before carry that long? Why aren’t my zoas dying then? Ahhhh what do I do? Should I iodine dip before I lose any more?

I’ll never use Dino x again I know that. My luck the Dino outbreak will come back anyways

PH 8.2
Alk 9.2
Calc-405
Mag-1320
Phos- 0.19
Nitrite ammonia 0
Nitrate- 15

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing you can do is water change and carbon.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had trouble with Dino, in the future I would do a temp raise. I found that my type of Dino’s would go away at 80-81F and corals are fine at that temp

And it looks like your corals are stressed out. Carbon and water change can help.

Last edited:

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had trouble with Dino, in the future I would do a temp raise. I found that my type of Dino’s would go away at 80-81C and corals are fine at that temp

And it looks like your corals are stressed out. Carbon and water change can help.
Your corals are fine at 176°?

OP
OP
Reef Puncher

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics under white lighting and water parameters are going to be needed for anything other than wild guesses.
this isnt my hammer, i got this off the web, but this is EXACTLY what they look like, maybe only differrence is the tentacles look slightly more droopy. but they used to stand up and you couldnt see a open depressed area and open mouth when they were healthy. now they all look like this.

1712148088163.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back