New stand build

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all am going to be starting my new build soon and just want some help with my stand . First of all I wish I could have a fish room but don’t have the room for one so I want to make a bigger stand to hold more stuff in it . My new tank is 48lx24”wx17”h peninsula I was going to do a cube but changed my mind . I was thinking of doing somthing like this for a stand or a l shape with tank on the end . Every stand I have made has just fit the tank and hate it I always run out of room for stuff . I will be welding it out of 1.5” tube steel just would like to see if anyone has some ideas or concerns on it this will be my last tank and want to make it to last for a long time

F76B32AA-526B-4701-9E7F-DED57E238A61.png

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One piece or three piece?
I would make the stand for the tank out of steel and then just make the two side pieces out of wood.

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One piece or three piece?
I would make the stand for the tank out of steel and then just make the two side pieces out of wood.
it will be 3 pieces to hull it down stairs then bolt sides on . the only thing i dont like about wood is its bulky and takes up more room

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will be 3 pieces to hull it down stairs then bolt sides on . the only thing i dont like about wood is its bulky and takes up more room

What are you going to put on top of the two side pieces?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back