New sump set up

saltwaterswiftie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Messages
54
Reaction score
16
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am planning on added a sump to my 55gallon tank and I wanted some opinions before I buy everything.

I cannot fit a 20 gallon tank under my display so I am planning on using 2 10 gallons.

For the overflow I plan to use eshopps PF 300 GPH hang on the back into the first 10 gallon to a filter sock. I was going to connect both tanks with a pvc pipe under the water line. The return pump I plan to use is a lifeguard quiet one pro 1200 (317GPH).

I already have a hang on the back protein skimmer and I was going to move this into the sump
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new