New T5 light Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackz151
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blackz151

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
110
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my giesemann 8 bulb t5 light up and running. It is the 60" which is way over kill for my db 80 48x24x16 but I got it for a steal.

I put it up on Saturday so for a little under a week now I've only run it on 2 bulbs an ati blue and ati coral. I didn't want to start it off so strong. I planned on running just 6 because of how much over kill this light is for my tank.

In the past week the corals have responded awesome. My clams are open more then they ever have all the softys look huge and the zoas are wide open. Only on 2 bulbs.

My question is how long should I run the 4 other bulbs for. 2 more blues a purple and a coral.
I was going to start it with just 1 hour a day for a few days then 2 hours a day but how long when i build up to it should be the total time?

I was just a little thrown off by how well everything looks already that I did not want to make anything worse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new