New Tank, again

rower2023

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am starting my, hmm, I'm not sure how many tanks I have already had, but I have been out of the hobby for about a year and am going to try again. My most successful was my 300 gallon tank:
Coral.jpg
20230521_195418.jpg

but that was a culmination of many years of tanks and growth. I broke that one down and was going to get out of the hobby. A year later I tried again with my current Innovative-Marine EXT 100 gallon - 47.5"x23.5"x35.81" - has a sump underneath. It wasn't very successful and I gave up after about 8 months.

I have decided to try again. I really want a peaceful tank where the fish and coral all get along. Here is my list:
Soft Corals
  • Tyree Green Toadstool
  • Green Rhodactis Mushroom
  • Blue Mushrooms
  • Green Finger Leather
  • Green Star Polyp (isolated)
LPS Corals
  • TerraReef Sweet Purple Frogspawn
  • Duncan Coral
SPS Corals
  • ORA Purple Montipora capricornis
  • Red/Purple Montipora capricornis
  • Future SPS (Birdsnest, Digitata)

Fish list:

  • Clownfish (pair)
  • Copperband
  • Kole Tang
  • Royal Gramma
  • Tailspot Blenny
  • White‑band Possum Wrasse
I also found through a video at BRS the rotating reef stand the reef360, I bought one and ordered one - super excited about this! Here is a picture:

Screenshot 2026-10-09 055646.png

and what it can look like:



Screenshot 2026-10-09 055947.png

The rotating orca pumps are what move it! So cool...

I am going to try to have a minimalist tank as shown in my Reef Aquascape Layout mockup:
Screenshot 2026-10-09 064334.png

Screenshot 2026-10-09 064424.png


I ordered all the standard equipment, but waiting on the Trident. Also, I saw BRS promoted a skimmer, the Deltec, which is on back order. I won't need that for a little while anyway. That seems like a nice skimmer.

I am excited and planning to take it slow. I would welcome input!
 
Your previous tank looked amazing, so I'm sure this build will be a success too!

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new