New Tank Help, Expectations...

You will be fine than! Just have new washed sand ready, prepared heated saltwater mixed the day before. When you get them home, drip water for them to get use to the new water you prepared.
 
I would grab 4-5 large Rubbermaid bins and buy a few heaters, powerheads to keep everything warm while you do the transport. I would move the water rock and livestock all first and then make a second trip to move the equipment to your place. it will kind of have to be orchestrated. that's what I did getting my free reef tank.

buying the heaters and powerheads is a small investment seeing that you didn't pay for the established tank!

congrats and welcome to R2R!!!!!!
 
Clint Eastwood.gif

Howdy, and welcome to R2R. dbl's link is perfect. Be patient, take your time, and you should do well.
 
WELCOME!!! Lots of Rubbermaid bins, plenty of ready-mixed saltwater, new sand or go bare bottom. Have e plan of attack and see it through. Keep us posted. BTW, that is the best price for a full reef setup I've seen in forever! Good luck!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new