new tank, new light system, what to get

scubagal8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone,
I had a saltwater tank for a couple of years in the 90's . I am finally ready for a new tank system and wow have things changed! I've gone to 10 different stores and get almost that many different recommendations for tanks, lighting, equipment. I'll be getting a fish only tank and would like to have a light system that turns on/off and simulates the sun direction/intensity. Any suggestions?
tia,
Lori

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Coralife Seascape LED and love it! It has a remote control to change lighting strength and also has a sunrise sunset feature.

-https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/coralife-seascape-led-aquarium-light

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get whatever you want for a fish-only. The fish will not care. This could be anywhere from a T5 shop light with a few marine bulbs to an expensive LED system with apps and stuff. The more features that you want, the more you will need to spend. Nothing will be cheaper than a $10 light timer.

aquarist.lindsey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just purchased this light but it came out of box with no manual so I can’t figure how to use the remote.. would you mind either helping me figure out how to do the timer or send pictures of the manual where it tells how? TIA!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back