new tank nutrient levels

TheReefer2005

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Messages
180
Reaction score
44
Location
portland
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all. i recently upgraded to the red sea s1000, and after a 2 month cycle i added fish and coral. im doing a acro heavy tank with this tank. I recently pulled all the fish cause my new achilles got ich and I eventually lost him sadly, but still trying to save the other fish I have! I’ve been testing every other day, but I’ve noticed my nitrates bottomed out while my phosphate sits at .04. Not sure how to bring up nitrates with no fish. Any advice helps!
 
dose directly would most likely be the cheapest option or just throw food in it for easiness. they will be processed by bacteria into NP
 
hello all. i recently upgraded to the red sea s1000, and after a 2 month cycle i added fish and coral. im doing a acro heavy tank with this tank. I recently pulled all the fish cause my new achilles got ich and I eventually lost him sadly, but still trying to save the other fish I have! I’ve been testing every other day, but I’ve noticed my nitrates bottomed out while my phosphate sits at .04. Not sure how to bring up nitrates with no fish. Any advice helps!
The most straightforward method without growing unnecessary bacteria is to just add food grade sodium nitrate. Phosphates can be adjusted with sodium phosphate. Just add what you need for immediate and controlled results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new