New tank !?

volcano reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone, I need all the help in the world and I will try to be short.
Started with a 40 then 75 then 120 then start remodeling. Replaced the fireplace with a tank and remodel the house around it. It’s idling for the last 2 years , lights 30%, minimal filtration to avoid extra work, no skimar , on Apex at generic set up. Irregular water changes . 7 stage filtration . Only equipment running.
Started with 3 fishes, added 4 , didn’t lost any fishes . No corals . Negative aquascapes the length of the tank .No ugly stage at all .
I have all the necessary high end equipment to run un SPS reef tank . intended to be a mixt reef , not fish tank .
The tank is a Red Sea 900 3XL (200gal) and a matching Red Sea 180 or 190(40 gal) with sump , fuly equipped as a quarantine tank (empty).

Financial resources, limited , but reasonable.
Trades capabilities: master plumber, electrician, carpenter etc. with the necessary tools.
Equipment : sump, original with the tank , to be moved and modified on the new fish room , just finished, behind the wall
Lights- 4 XR blue
Filter - Red Sea 1500
Return pumps - Octo varios 4
Skimar- Regal 200INT with a varios 4s
Controller- full Apex
Algae scraper
DOS -couple - Neptune
RODI 7 stage / water making station
Water tap off Neptune
UV filter
And couple more attachments that work with Apex .
Three circuits 20A dedicated to tank only .
Cold and hot water dedicated to tank only .

I am stoked on this stage and I can’t take the next step . I understand there are 1,000 way to set up a tank , I believe I can filter between, or I don’t now what I opened myself for ! Hands on , eyes on, whatever , is welcome . I am afraid to fail, but the tank is an embarrassment already. For the peoples hwo don’t know much, looks great .
Appreciate your time !

Back