New tank

ACEofNONE

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... Im new to R2R and pretty new to the hobby. I have a 30 gl. Tank with a 5 gl. HOB refugium. I have 34 lbs of LR and i have about a 2 in SB. Im running the aquaC remora S skimmer. No filtration sense i was told the macro algae will help with bringing down ammonia lvls. The tank has been up and running for sbout 2 weeks now. I saw the 1st signs of life 2 days ago with what i believe to be a cocepod bloom. Ive been testing the water and still haven't seen signs of a cycle yet. Is it normal to see life in the tank with out the cycle happening?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Mr. D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought the tank with all the rock etc with it then it is completely normal to see life. Even during a cycling process you'll see some life here and there. I'd say since you have all the recommended rock your cycle will be very minimal. It could have happened in just a few hours if that. So you may have missed it with your testing.

As for filtration, with water change (weekly to bi-weekly), skimmer and the correct amount of rock with the addition of the refugium, you're going to be set in filtration terms.

Good luck and welcome to the collective money pit!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
A

ACEofNONE

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i may have possibly missed the cycle is there a way to find out or should i just wait it out for a couple more weeks? I havent had a diatom bloom yet either.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I don't believe you have missed anything. The only thing now is to wait over time with your maintanance just keep an eye on your water parameters and life will be seen

Back