new tank

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large reef tank set up given to me, and I was wondering if you all had any ideal how much this thing would weigh, or any ideal on the proper way to move it. I am trying to figure out how to move it in a few days, it is about 6 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 2-1/2 feet deep. it is a older tank glass looks like 1/2"? it is in a basement and I have to move it out a door with a few steps, just trying to figure out how many guys I will need etc. thanks

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It weighs about 450 lbs empty. Water weighs approx 8.35 lbs / gallon so filled would be approx 1950 lbs. You would also have to factor in the rock weight.

OP
OP
sprinklerdudes

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so two to three averagely strong people should be able to move the glass part? the stand hood sump skimmer etc should be easy enough for two people to move out, the rock is already out,it has been out of the tank for a few years, and is dried out. it is in rubber maid tubs, I think there is about 450--500# I do not know how they got all of it in the tank, looks like there is more rock than tank, lol also the metal hilade lamps have not been fired up in several years, is there anything I need to do before plugging them in?

bamastunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watch those older halide I had a small fire with my other setup 5-7 years ago . if you want to part with some of the base rock I've got a friend that just bought a 155 gal bow front.if you need a hand with the move pm me I'm in Leeds and wouldn't mind at all

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 136 76.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back