How many Radion lights do I need

DustinPavlick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a 150 gallon 5 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet I was hoping to get the Radion 30 how many should I get and pro or blue. Coral is my main focus Thanks for any help

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 would get ya by… you could get more bang for your buck with reefi uno pros and run 4 for better coverage.. as for pros vs blues.. blues have higher par numbers but also look more blue compared to the white lighting of pros… it all depends on what you’re keeping and how you like your lighting.

OP
OP
D

DustinPavlick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 would get ya by… you could get more bang for your buck with reefi uno pros and run 4 for better coverage.. as for pros vs blues.. blues have higher par numbers but also look more blue compared to the white lighting of pros… it all depends on what you’re keeping and how you like your lighting.
I went ahead and ordered the Reefi uno 2.0 pros I had never even heard of them but I did some research and pulled the trigger thanks

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and ordered the Reefi uno 2.0 pros I had never even heard of them but I did some research and pulled the trigger thanks
You’re gonna love them! If I didn’t waste money on radions I would prolly still be led if I got the uno pros.. my buddy got them and I was blown away by his tank and par readings over a radion! I went home and sold my radions and went back to halides haha!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%

Back