New to Alabama from Ohio

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
920
Location
Columbus, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just moved to Birmingham from Columbus Ohio for work and am really enjoying it so far. Having some trouble locating a good LFS so thought it would be nice to talk with some other Reefers this way. I am in the process of setting up my new nano reef. It was actually just finished being built along with my new stand. Looking forward to starting a solid SPS engulfed nano reef!











Looking forward to sharing and learning from other hobbyists in the area!!!
 
Welcome to R2R
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!! Check out the local reef club forums on here. There are some Alabama reef clubs. I'm sure they could help you find the LFS in your area! :)
 
Welcome! Pretty sweet all in one you have there! Even better that your filling it with my favorite: all sps!
 
Colored stick tank blah!!!! Zoas is where it's at! Good luck and welcome to R2R!
Did you arrange the sump like that or it cam pre-built?
 
It came this way but was custom built per my design. There are several ports in the rear including a valve to empty the skimmer collection cup, eliminating the need to constantly remove the entire cup from the unit. There is a port for when I eventually attach by calcium reactor, as well as port for my auto top off. On the far right there is a rack supporting the electronic float switch which activates the ATO system, as well as two slots for a PH and Ca+ probe. The overflow chamber has two baffles which will force the water to a much higher level in the first chamber to eliminate noise.
Design 2 - Masini.jpg
 
Hi there! Welcome to R2R!!


Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya
 
The lighting bracket for my Radion XR30w Pro was just completed. I will be traveling for work this week, so I will need to wait until Friday before I start opening packages....very excited!!!
URL]
URL]
URL]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new