New to Community

engelphotos

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Location
Macon, Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone !!!

My name is Fred and i'm new to the forum. I have had a freshwater tank for many years and have enjoyed the hobby. I currently have a 40 gal. freshwater setup. I'm interested in getting a new tank and setting up a saltwater environment. I'm using Craigslist to search for a new tank. I understand bigger is better in setting up your first tank. I've been looking at 55gal. and larger. I've found several 70 gal. bow front tanks. These tanks are very appealing. Are their any draw backs to the bow front vs. the traditional tank design. I'm currently just in the tank selection process and education phase as to what is needed. Looking forward to hearing from folks on the forum

Thanks,

Fred
 
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef! The 55 gal. has it's drawbacks because of the narrow width. Two reasons: It's hard to put a sump of any size under it and it makes rock placement difficult. A 75 gal. with a 29 - 32 gal. sump is a real nice set up. Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question - we've all been there.
 
Hi Fred! Welcome!!


Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new