New to forum/back into hobby after 9yr break

BrianAnthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm new to reef2reef. I've been an aquarist for most of my life. I recently got back into reefing after a 9yr break. I just purchased a 12 gallon GankPike nano. I'm still waiting on the dry rock to get here. Last time I was in the hobby, live rock was the most common way to go. Now, it seems dry rock is more popular. I plan on doing a fishless cycle once my rock gets here. Below is my new tank. Comments welcome!
25da004b-13a1-48a9-87d1-261bd57ecc18.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm new to reef2reef. I've been an aquarist for most of my life. I recently got back into reefing after a 9yr break. I just purchased a 12 gallon GankPike nano. I'm still waiting on the dry rock to get here. Last time I was in the hobby, live rock was the most common way to go. Now, it seems dry rock is more popular. I plan on doing a fishless cycle once my rock gets here. Below is my new tank. Comments welcome!
25da004b-13a1-48a9-87d1-261bd57ecc18.jpg
Hey Brian,
Welcome back.
Many here think the biodiversity of a live rock start has advantages.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are ways of getting live rock with out breaking the bank. people revise their tanks and have some left over; people turn used rock into their LFS. some cure rock and do not use everything they cure.
Welcome back to the show, nice unusual tank!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back