New Member with BioCube 32

justdeb1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all, I'm Deb from Birmingham, Alabama. Back in the hobby after a 15 year break. My, how things have changed! I'm looking forward to learning new stuff, and have a BioCube 32. The new lights on this thing are great (now to figure out the right schedule!). Wish there was a more modern book on the topic. Cheers!

OP
OP
justdeb1107

justdeb1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Deb! There’s another member on here running a biocube 32 with a stock light and he’s got a gorgeous tank. Hopefully he’d be able to help with the light!
I too have a 32 gallon biocube that I love but unfortunately I’m not running the stock lights anymore.
Thanks! Why did you choose to change out the lights? Something not growing well? I do have a Marineland strip light I'm installing to add more blue light, but mainly bc it was suggested in a setup YouTube I watched. Another vid said I would be fine with stock lights. So. Much. Conflicting. Info.

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMB_UEj7O8.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
justdeb1107

justdeb1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Biocubes are great little tanks!
The stock lights are just fine, but I added a reefbrite actinic strip to mine to add a little more pop. Easy install and the thing will grow everything you want!

20230209_184408.jpg
Your tank is what I'm striving for. Absolutely love it!

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Why did you choose to change out the lights? Something not growing well? I do have a Marineland strip light I'm installing to add more blue light, but mainly bc it was suggested in a setup YouTube I watched. Another vid said I would be fine with stock lights. So. Much. Conflicting. Info.
When I bought the tank second hand it no longer had the stock hood. So I actually never was able to test out the lights.
Before the 32 I had a 12 or 14 gallon biocube with the stock hood (it’s hard to remember) the lights worked well growing corals.

OP
OP
justdeb1107

justdeb1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought the tank second hand it no longer had the stock hood. So I actually never was able to test out the lights.
Before the 32 I had a 12 or 14 gallon biocube with the stock hood (it’s hard to remember) the lights worked well growing corals.
Ohhhhh, that makes sense. I had a 1st gen Biocube back in the day, and the lights were nowhere near as good as this one.

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhhh, that makes sense. I had a 1st gen Biocube back in the day, and the lights were nowhere near as good as this one.
Haha I think that may have been the type I used to have. I’m hearing about being able to program the new hoods with different light spectrums and times. Mine used to be a stock hood with a on and off switch. that being said love my biocubes.
Anyways, welcome to the club!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back