New to Hydros - Tunze ATO pump

Coach v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchsed a used hydros setup. It comes with a x4, 2 temp probes, 3 wifi power strips, pH probe, water level and skimmer level sensors, wifi fish feeder and a few other items. It should arrive on Saturday.

My tunze ato has stopped working (power converter issue) and getting the hydros setup as an ato is my top priority. Can I use my existing tunze pump connected to the x4 somehow?

This is the pump I have:

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to get it to work with an adapter but given that the Hydros ATO pump is $25 I would just get the hydros pump that you know works.

It might also be worth just getting the hydros ATO kit with everything you need.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchsed a used hydros setup. It comes with a x4, 2 temp probes, 3 wifi power strips, pH probe, water level and skimmer level sensors, wifi fish feeder and a few other items. It should arrive on Saturday.

My tunze ato has stopped working (power converter issue) and getting the hydros setup as an ato is my top priority. Can I use my existing tunze pump connected to the x4 somehow?

This is the pump I have:

I use a Hydros dosing pump as the ATO pump on my Hydros. They also have a small ATO pump that works on the drive ports like the dosing pump.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tunze pump won’t work with the hydros x4 drive port. It draws alittle too much power at startup than hydros is rated for.

OP
OP
Coach v

Coach v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tunze pump won’t work with the hydros x4 drive port. It draws alittle too much power at startup than hydros is rated for.
Thank you all. I was hoping to get by with the tunze pump for now. I will order a hydros dc pump and fix the power supply on the tunze and give it to my son.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back