New to Marine Tanks - Assistance and guidance needed please

Kauai Kenny

View Badges
Reaction score
I got a $100 acrylic tall tank and what looks like a sump and additional bio ball filtration tank (with a crack) that came with it.

The tank is pre plumbed from bottom of that tank into the stand. With what looks like maybe and internal overflow and a return.

This will be a project I’m sure. just look for some friendly advice and consultation regarding the initial set up of my new (hopefully
salt tank.

I’ll be posting pictures shortly of what I have so far and hoping I could get some assistance.

Mahalo Nui Lou for any assistance.
Please let me know if there is a specific member or forum I should check out as well.

aloha!

Top Shelf Aquatics

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score

Auquanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Aloha Kenny! Looking forward to seeing the pics. I second the recommendation of starting a build thread. It's a great way to document your journey and get some great advice along the way. Plus you get this cool badge for your profile.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Kauai Kenny

Kauai Kenny

View Badges
Reaction score
I got a $100 acrylic tall tank and what looks like a sump and additional bio ball filtration tank (with a crack) that came with it.

The tank is pre plumbed from bottom of that tank into the stand. With what looks like maybe and internal overflow and a return.

This will be a project I’m sure. just look for some friendly advice and consultation regarding the initial set up of my new (hopefully
salt tank.

I’ll be posting pictures shortly of what I have so far and hoping I could get some assistance.

Mahalo Nui Lou for any assistance.
Please let me know if there is a specific member or forum I should check out as well.

aloha!
867BFFC1-9519-40EC-A941-45341ED6C5A7.jpeg 76DA47B1-0763-4FE2-94AF-831220D7E453.jpeg

https://www.omegasea.net/

What is your most favorite type of reef tank?

• SPS dominated

Votes: 204 21.1%
  • LPS dominated

Votes: 71 7.3%
  • Soft Coral dominated

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Zoa dominated

Votes: 20 2.1%
  • Mixed Reef

Votes: 598 61.9%
  • Fish focused

Votes: 17 1.8%