New to me 90 gal upgrade.

Reefraft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a guy locally who was selling a 90 gal reef ready tank. He had all his equipment goimg with it as well as a few fish and a couple coral as well. So i took the plunge to upgrade from a 40 breeder. I got it for a steal as the tank amd skimmer new come out to more than what i spent on the whole set up. Cant beat it for a tank that was less than 6 months old. My plan for the tank is a mix reef.

Tank came with roughly 60 lbs of live rock, an eshoppes acrylic sump, a reef octopus 150 int skimmer, stand, canopy, current marine led strip (plan to upgrade these just want to find something that will fit in the canopy), 300w heater (will end up chamging for a titanium one soon), return pump (not sure the brand but its powerful).

He had a pair of clowns ( one snowflake and one regular), melanarus wrasse, am orange spotted goby, and a few damsels ( quickly given to a buddy with an all damsel tank).

Coral wise he had an acan of sort (not very colorful in my opinion), a red war coral, a green mini maxi anemone, and some gsp. I gave the gsp to the same buddy who recieved the damsels from me. Let all coral and fish hang out in my frag tank until i got it set up.

Set the tank up with new sand and added some of my own personal live rock i had in my frag tank sump. Got everything cleaned up and installed. I have upgraded the powerheads to a icecap gyre 3k. Man this thing is powerful. Let everything run its mini cycle for a few weeks as it was a 4 hour trip to get the tank for me. Now that all is good with params i have added the fish and the coral i got off him to see how things reacted. All is good so far.

Still debating on if i should add some more rock or not. I painted stand and canopy white to match our new kitchen cabinets.

20180420_234610.jpg
20180420_234617.jpg

OP
OP
Reefraft

Reefraft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would yall recommend on lights? Ive heard good things on sb reef and ocean revives. I like the ai brand as i had them on my 40 breeder.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back