New to posting and communication here

welcome2.gif
 
Hey Thor, thanks for joining and would be happy to talk about farming... - I have chickens, pecans and goats...

aquaman-oldschool.gif
cool, I come from an Ag background but am now in the sciences.
Have grown or raised many animals but now I am hoping to be able to do something with fish and corals and do so commercially
 
Hello, a bit new to the site, Ive been keeping tanks, fresh and salt for many years and the reefing side has always been quite an interest to expand further.
Hoping to do that now and have the potential for some farming type activities, so would be interested in discussing further with others with a similar interest.

Best
Thank you all for the greetings and the warm welcome.
 
Hello, a bit new to the site, Ive been keeping tanks, fresh and salt for many years and the reefing side has always been quite an interest to expand further.
Hoping to do that now and have the potential for some farming type activities, so would be interested in discussing further with others with a similar interest.

Best

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Thanks, I have set up several tanks in the past, so not a novice, but new to some of the newer methods and control systems.
Ill be working on getting something more automated with our institute in the near future, so could be an opportunity to hire a member temporarily, who has a bit of experience etc.
Will also be looking to do some experimental work in both coral genetics and preservation.
Thanks for the tips and the help in the site.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new