New to R2R and new 220 build (lot of pics)

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like your setup. It's going to look great once you get some color in it.

I'm getting started with a 220 myself, in-wall with fish/sump room. In the process of putting the water storage and mixing station together now. Been at it for a month now assembly wise, 6 months collecting everything...

How much rock do you have in the tank? I've got 50lbs of Pukani an 100 of Marco. I'm not sure yet on how much of it all will end up in the DT.

OP
OP
troyle84

troyle84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like your setup. It's going to look great once you get some color in it.

I'm getting started with a 220 myself, in-wall with fish/sump room. In the process of putting the water storage and mixing station together now. Been at it for a month now assembly wise, 6 months collecting everything...

How much rock do you have in the tank? I've got 50lbs of Pukani an 100 of Marco. I'm not sure yet on how much of it all will end up in the DT.

I have 150lbs of Marco dry rocks and 100+ lbs of XL pulkani in the tank. I already ordered 280lbs of dry sands from Marco...but I only used 100lbs of sand.

Reefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Setup...I like how the plumbing and electrical components are very organized and clean!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you'll love it here!

Thanks for the photos! Keep us updated, beautiful set up you have there!

OP
OP
troyle84

troyle84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to chat with you! I have a 220g I've need help setting up, all I have is the tank and stand.

Well...do you have any plan as to how you want to set it up yet?!? And what would you want to have in your tank down the road..then you will find what equipments you will need and how you will set it up.

I took the hardest way to do the plumbing...bean animal or herbie method for silent drain because the tank is in the living, about 15ft away from my tv. And I used all the drain holes, so I have to run the return plumbing to the back of the tank...and to eliminate dead spot...I need to created a manifold so I can divert the return water to different area of the tank...

And of course you want to think about the equipments and skimmer before setting up a sump..

So there is a lot of planning to do...I had a lot of thoughts and how I wanted the tank and filtration to be while I was looking for a used tank for more than 2 years...but I was just too picky. In the end, I decided to buy a new tank and stand. And then I took me another 3 months to set up the tank in addition to the 2 years i had planned this and that for the tank.

But any problems or thoughts about your set up, I think we all here in this forum can help you out

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Awesome setup, be sure to keep us posted. Nice aquascape.

welcom.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back