0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lisa, nice to meet you! I’m a tang lover to and am so sorry for your loss. Just wonder what other tangs you have and how big? You’ve got a really sweet setup already, so you know your business. IMO, you’ll have better success with him if he starts in the smaller tank. They have such a goofy personality on their own, it’ll be easier to watch for problems. My first and only Regal Tang, about 2009-2011 was the size of a quarter and lived a week in the overflow before we found hiim! He’s still quirky and about 7” head to tail. My other tangs were small. You’ve got a beautiful home for him, I’d and he’ll do fine with time in the big tank soon enough. I feed way too much, as my Bristleworms will attest, but fat and healthy is my goal.
Please update and I’d love pics of your Displays.
Debra
IMG_6499.jpeg

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As @ti_lavender said, you are probably better starting off with a know captive-bred specimen as you have a better chance of its already accepting foods. And as @Debramb said I would start it and observe it in the small tank first and use an acclimation box when moving it to the big tank. They are a little shy. Watch carefully for aggression when you move it to the big tank. Tangs do not generally get along well with other similar shape tangs unless they have a lot of room. I think your acclimation protocol may be a little short. I would suggest an hour or more to allow Dory to adjust to the temperature and salinity of the tank.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Lisa and Welcome to R2R! Sorry to hear that you haven't had luck with the hippo tang. I would quarantine the new one in the 29 gallon tank. If there is a way to separate it in the 200 g for a few days would also be beneficial. Good Luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back