New to R2R from LA

  • Thread starter Thread starter ggrant20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ggrant20

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am new to the community here and joined to gather information for a new tank I am in the process of setting up. I am fairly new to salt water tanks (I grew up with freshwater) and am sure I will have a ton of questions. As of now I helped one of my friends set up a nano cube and decided to start my own 40gal tank. I have been reading about a natural filtering tank and am considering trying to do that without any skimmers and just doing very frequent water changes while using powerheads to create appropriate flow. Is this doomed for failure from the beginning or are there any tricks to help this process be successful? Excited to get started and learn all about the marine processes!
 
Welcome to the forum!

There are plenty of natural ways of doing things. Look into algae scrubbers, they are awesome and one of the more simple ways to remove nutrients.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new