New to R2R. I am trying to buy some torches from this online vendor called lakeside reefing.

lemonhead286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
Have anyone bought corals from lakeside reefing before ? I did some researches for reviews but came up nothing. Wondering if you guys can give me some advices
Thanks

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
Have anyone bought corals from lakeside reefing before ? I did some researches for reviews but came up nothing. Wondering if you guys can give me some advices
Thanks
I would be a little careful with them, they don't give much information on the coral you will receive including the Size, do more research to see if you can find references, and definitely message them on the size in inches of what you will receive.

OP
OP
L

lemonhead286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be a little careful with them, they don't give much information on the coral you will receive including the Size, do more research to see if you can find references, and definitely message them on the size in inches of what you will receive.
I contacted them and they responded very quickly. However, i noticed their policy states that they wont be responsible if packages are delayed by mail carriers..... I asked them if the coral dies due to late delivery.... Will i get a refund or store credit.... They sorta ignore that question.
I appreciate your response. That is a good point. they did not even say if it is a one or two heads coral. Also when i researched their address... it seems like a residential home .

accidental_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to R2R but new to reefing? If new to reefing, I’d stick to the more established/well-known vendors in the beginning until you develop a feel about what to ask/what to look for when shopping for corals. Happy to drop some suggestions if you’re looking.

OP
OP
L

lemonhead286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget to post pictures of what you received Here.
just pull the trigger purchasing banana torch and some other corals from this vendor. I will keep you guys updated
Happy to report... the shipment came in on time . He even gave me those cups for the corals, some stickers and a towel. He packed the corals super careful as you can see in the pics. The quality of the corals is accurate with the pictures on his websites. He responded quickly via emails . I wish my banana was a bit bigger tho. Overall, very happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• 20240227_125820.jpg
    20240227_125820.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240227_125905.jpg
    20240227_125905.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240227_125914.jpg
    20240227_125914.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240227_125918.jpg
    20240227_125918.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240227_125942.jpg
    20240227_125942.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240227_125952.jpg
    20240227_125952.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240227_130728.jpg
    20240227_130728.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240227_131613.jpg
    20240227_131613.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240227_141503.jpg
    20240227_141503.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 46

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to report... the shipment came in on time . He even gave me those cups for the corals, some stickers and a towel. He packed the corals super careful as you can see in the pics. The quality of the corals is accurate with the pictures on his websites. He responded quickly via emails . I wish my banana was a bit bigger tho. Overall, very happy with the purchase.
Thanks for the Information!

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, they look like frags, that's frags that you ordered right? Do you mind telling us what you paid for that? thanks

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thanks for sharing your review! I appreciate the honesty!

We have a pretty big social media presence and we do a lot of live video’s on FB and Instagram to showcase what we have and talk with the viewers, and truly do try and have “real” wysiwyg pictures on the website. We use my iPhone 14 pro with orphek lens, no photoshop or editing other than just cropping the pictures size.

Thanks again for the review, we’re always looking for ways to do better!

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to R2R but new to reefing? If new to reefing, I’d stick to the more established/well-known vendors in the beginning until you develop a feel about what to ask/what to look for when shopping for corals. Happy to drop some suggestions if you’re looking.
I've been on R2R for quiet some time, just not a sponsored vendor :) have been in the hobby for over 20 years and as a business for about 15 months now.

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95% of what I have on the site is wysisyg with a few items that are general frags. As a general rule I often suggest you use the grid behind the coral as a size reference they are about 5/8” each grid. No issues if someone asks for more pictures or even video of what they like.

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted them and they responded very quickly. However, i noticed their policy states that they wont be responsible if packages are delayed by mail carriers..... I asked them if the coral dies due to late delivery.... Will i get a refund or store credit.... They sorta ignore that question.
I appreciate your response. That is a good point. they did not even say if it is a one or two heads coral. Also when i researched their address... it seems like a residential home .

Paul, how is you business working out operating out of your house?
It's been good, I have a dedicated coral room that's part of my garage. Depending on your local laws it could get tricky but as long as you get the proper licenses and business documents it's generally not a problem.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been good, I have a dedicated coral room that's part of my garage. Depending on your local laws it could get tricky but as long as you get the proper licenses and business documents it's generally not a problem.
My son wants to start a coral business out of his basement, he wants to start out selling on eBay and places like that, I told him don't quit your good day job just yet, but he loves the hobby like me, actually he got me back in the hobby after 10 1/2 years out of it, I told him start out slow and then grow because everything in this hobby is like that.

Paul - LakesideReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son wants to start a coral business out of his basement, he wants to start out selling on eBay and places like that, I told him don't quit your good day job just yet, but he loves the hobby like me, actually he got me back in the hobby after 10 1/2 years out of it, I told him start out slow and then grow because everything in this hobby is like that.
Yea definitely go slow….focus on quality and coral health, the rest will follow. And definitely don't quit your day job!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back