New to R2R in New Jersey

gs0830

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I upgraded from a 25yo Oceanic 75g aquarium to a NEW Red Sea MaxS-500 120 gal. I have all Red Sea equipment: Skimmer, Reefmat roller, 4 pump doser, DC main pump and skimmer upgrade. Currently dosing Red Sea Alkilinity, Calcium, magnesium, PO NO3 reducer.

Tank cycled and has been through ugly phase. Currently clean with the CUC team doing their job. Establishing a mixed reef.

Current stock is: Blue Powder Tang, Royal Gramma, 6-line wrasse, Pair of Black oscellaris clowns, 4 blue chromis, 1 male Lyretail Anthias, 3 female Lyretail Anthias, Red Flame Hawk, 2 pajama cardinals, Flame Angel. All stock is doing well after 4 months,

Just started adding a handful of frags.. (basics: duncans, goniopora, leather, star polyp, hammer, Acan, Kenya). So far all are happy.

Currently testing ALL parameters weekly. I have a Hanna monitor for PH, Salinity, Temp. All the rest are a mix of Hanna and Red Sea tests. Parameters are all stable. Working on balancing Calcium/magnesium dosing to consumption. Phosphate and Nitrates are within safe range but continuing to adjust feeding and dosing to keep in target range.

I feed with auto feeder 2x day - flake mix and 1x a day frozen (LFS, Rods, brine, mysis, other cubes) 1x a day Nori for the blue tang in a clip.

I am excited to learn this forum existed. Many of my questions have been answered reading the posts and I am excited to be reinvigorated in the hobby with my new tank.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I upgraded from a 25yo Oceanic 75g aquarium to a NEW Red Sea MaxS-500 120 gal. I have all Red Sea equipment: Skimmer, Reefmat roller, 4 pump doser, DC main pump and skimmer upgrade. Currently dosing Red Sea Alkilinity, Calcium, magnesium, PO NO3 reducer.

Tank cycled and has been through ugly phase. Currently clean with the CUC team doing their job. Establishing a mixed reef.

Current stock is: Blue Powder Tang, Royal Gramma, 6-line wrasse, Pair of Black oscellaris clowns, 4 blue chromis, 1 male Lyretail Anthias, 3 female Lyretail Anthias, Red Flame Hawk, 2 pajama cardinals, Flame Angel. All stock is doing well after 4 months,

Just started adding a handful of frags.. (basics: duncans, goniopora, leather, star polyp, hammer, Acan, Kenya). So far all are happy.

Currently testing ALL parameters weekly. I have a Hanna monitor for PH, Salinity, Temp. All the rest are a mix of Hanna and Red Sea tests. Parameters are all stable. Working on balancing Calcium/magnesium dosing to consumption. Phosphate and Nitrates are within safe range but continuing to adjust feeding and dosing to keep in target range.

I feed with auto feeder 2x day - flake mix and 1x a day frozen (LFS, Rods, brine, mysis, other cubes) 1x a day Nori for the blue tang in a clip.

I am excited to learn this forum existed. Many of my questions have been answered reading the posts and I am excited to be reinvigorated in the hobby with my new tank.
Welcome gs0830,
This is a great resource for salty things.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome!

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Where in Jersey are you, I’m in Woodbridge just joined here last week

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back