new to r2r questions bout aqua c skimmers

xsputnikx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 24g aquapod last night decided to add my aqua c remora skimmed to it. Well it took me a few tries to get it hooked up without sending micro bubbles back out into the tank i ended up putting it where the sponges would go my only concern is the water flows back out the skimmed right where the water usually exits the overflow is this going to pose a problem as far as water circulaton

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xsputnikx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to wait till i get home im on my cell right now and it wont let me upload pics... but to explain better the skimmed is on the right chamber of the tank where the water feeds into from tank

OP
OP
X

xsputnikx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah i tried putting it in the same chamber a the return to the tank opposite side of the surface sskimmer where water leaves the tank but i kept getting micro bubbles back into tank

OP
OP
X

xsputnikx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... i am not the best at keeping up with water changes so i was stoked to install the skimmer

OP
OP
X

xsputnikx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my 24 gallon nano its not much but im working on it..

My future plans are to def upgrade the lights on it right now I got 2 70w mh but Ive got nothing for antics and I def wanna add some more corals

IMG_20100826_220304.jpg

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
absolutley no problem having your skimmer essentially getting water recirculated in that manner, if anything just do some searches on recirculating protein skimmers- Skimmers with a large pump that continually pumps water form the skimmer back into the skimmer, typically injecting more air/bubbles at the same time. The skimmer is fed "new" water via a typically seperate, and much smaller pump.
Now you don't have quite that setup going on, but something similar. Now as long as your feed pump from the tank (not sure your model) is still pumping FROM somewhere in the back area TO somewhere in the aquarium proper, your flow isn't affected in any considerable way.

And like your rockwork, you just need some Zoas spreading on that left side arch, will look awesome having a mat spread across that 90degree angle, though I'm biased towards them :D

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 137 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back