New to R2R

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R and great start!
goofy movie hello GIF

OP
OP
L

locchau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Lavoisier, thanks for the link. I have feed them Omega One red seaweed, and Two Little Fishies green seaweed beside diner meal. I am now saving for the Refugium light before adding chaeto to it. Again, thank you all for warm welcome and advice. Have a great Holiday.

OP
OP
L

locchau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for suggestion and advised. At of right now, I have those light set on blue at 60 and white at 10. Blue on 8 hours and white on 7 hours. I also got 4 stages RO/DI filter from bulk reef supply, which setup in the kitchen and the water store in a 25 gal can from Lowes. Don't have a auto top off yet, so will have to add water manually everyday. I think I have to save the cash and get a Refugium light before the ATO, 2 kids in college make my budget tie :). Algae was booming last month maybe due to moving the tank and re-set it up, still have some red slime and green algae but very little. By the way I forgot to mention that I have 2 pencil urchin and one spike urchin in tank so want to save some algae for them. Starting to read The Supreme Guide To Setting Up A Salt Water Reef Aquarium, thank you GoVols. The more I read, the more I realized that my knowledge now just like a sand in the desert. I think now I just try to learn as much as I can before putting any more life stock in the tank. Still want to add a couples of fish and some corals, but will hold off on that. Is my tank big enough for a couple more fish? A Wrasse and a Goby. The Refugium area is 16X11, and I'm thinking about the Kessil H80 Tuna Flora LED light since this fit my budget. Has anyone use this light? pro and con? Thank you all in advance.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My name is Loc Chau, from Frederick MD. Just started in the hobby, know nothing about saltwater and still got lots to learn. Just get 120 Gal saltwater aquarium from a friend of my sister (out of the hobby). I just install a used PM 36X16X16 sump and an OCTO 150S skimmer and 2 vipavistra 150W lights, he used to use an FX-6 canister filter and coralife T5 dual lamp fixture. Tank have about 50 LBs of liferock will get some more, 3 clownfish, one yellow tang, one naso tang, one small blue tang, one sailfin tang, 2 yellow tail damsels and 2 domino damsels. No reef but have 2 toadstool leather corals. I am open to any suggestion and/or recommendation, thank you in advance.
1609003539092.png
Hello Loc Chau and welcome to the channel.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back