New to R2R

RuneScapeReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, happy to finally join after lurking for a while. I'm from PA. This is the first I've actually used a forum, so I'm still learning haha. I grew up doing freshwater, with saltwater being the dream. In 2020 that dream came true; I got to a place in life where I was able to finally start. I wanted to do everything DIY just so I could have the experience, so I pulled my 46G Bow I had in storage and got to work. Single HOB overflow into 10G sump underneath. I added all my fish slowly over time; Fancy Ocellaris pair, Smith's Blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby, and a Green Clown Goby. I wanted to do FOWLR for a year first before I worked with any coral so I could get the hang of things, so a year later I decided I'd set up a softie frag tank. Wanted a challenge, so I did a 6G cube with a modded HOB filter, and a Kessil A80 TunaBlue, and AI Nero 3. A bit over 6 months later, I found myself setting up another tank.. lol. A Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25. I was able to do both of those tanks a bit faster due to having tons of various 1+ y/o seeded media in my 46's sump. Both tanks had coralline spreading within a few weeks of set-up. The coralline growth in the 25 lined up perfectly with going to my first frag swap lol. I was addicted the moment I walked in. Getting to pick out your pieces in-person of course is ten times better than online. I had an absolute blast, and I even won a frag rack in a raffle. So now that I'm up to current time, my 46G is right up on the 2-year mark. The little 6 cube coming up on 1 year, and the 25 is at a few months. That 46 is getting the craziest upgrade because right now, I have a Waterbox INFINIA 215.5 ready to take its place! Haven't told the fish yet. Aiming for a mixed reef, so they'll fit right in. The tank is on the stand, half the plumbing connected, some equipment still in the box, some I can't decide on. So it's a scattered mess at the moment haha. I'm considering making a build thread for it, I haven't found anyone else with one yet other than on the WB Wednesday livestream. Thanks for reading!:)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
RuneScapeReefer

RuneScapeReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! It sounds like you have been doing well in the hobby. I hope to do the same, except maybe I can stick to one tank. We'll see.
Best of luck to you! I didn't think I'd make it this far to be honest. I'd like to eventually stick to one tank as well someday. My two small ones are on the top floor, and the big one is in the basement. I'm sure someday I'm gonna get real sick of running up and down stairs with full 5g buckets haha

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FB4B511-DAD4-4664-9E59-CA24BE940E21.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!! You’ll love it here!

It seems you’ve got a ton of experience, and I definitely look forward to seeing your tank’s future! I own a mixed reef, and they can certainly be challenging, but are also very rewarding and beautiful!

If you have any questions, I and many others will be more than happy to assist you!!

OP
OP
RuneScapeReefer

RuneScapeReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FB4B511-DAD4-4664-9E59-CA24BE940E21.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!! You’ll love it here!

It seems you’ve got a ton of experience, and I definitely look forward to seeing your tank’s future! I own a mixed reef, and they can certainly be challenging, but are also very rewarding and beautiful!

If you have any questions, I and many others will be more than happy to assist you!!
Thanks so much, appreciate it! I'm pretty surprised that I learned much quicker than I thought. Things seemed to 'click' for me. But I'm always reading/watching something reef-related, very much enjoy learning.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back