New to reef photography

Norman's_Tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just coming back from a hiatus in reefing and during that time I picked up photography and was doing a lot of professional work for a period of time. Either way, i'm looking to transition some of the skills I've picked up and apply them to photographing my tank! The only problem is now I need more gear because I primarily shoot adventure/landscape along with portraits so I may need to add a Macro soon.

Feel free to check out my IG (@Niccastellanos) to get an idea of my typical photography style etc.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really you just need a close focus lens in some cases , some prime lenses will actually work just fine.
And I’d reccomend an 85a or 85b filter for the blues. Or an amber.

The blue in reef lights although it may say 16 or 20k it actually becuse of the way it’s mixed spectrally , its closer to 30k photographically Depends on the light. I have Led and have a warmer look I use , and a much warmer preset I can use for pictures.

OP
OP
N

Norman's_Tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips. Right now I primarily just shoot with two primes 25 Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Planar 50. Hoping to pick up an 85 or 135 but might end up going for a macro anyways.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back