New to reef to reef

corcor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
33
Reaction score
52
Location
48236
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, glad to be here!
I don't have a tank setup. I am currently doing an attempt at aquascaping for a 15gallon tank so maybe in a few weeks I'll be in the exciting cycling process!

Edit: I am local to Metro Detroit Michigan :)
 
Last edited:
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
 

IMG_3538.jpg
 
Hi all, glad to be here!
I don't have a tank setup. I am currently doing an attempt at aquascaping for a 15gallon tank so maybe in a few weeks I'll be in the exciting cycling process!

Edit: I am local to Metro Detroit Michigan :)

A 15 gallon tank will not be without challenges. But if you ask here before you do anything, no challenge is too great.

Stable water parameters are the biggest challenge for a newbie. A 15 gallon tank is small, which will mean bigger swings in water chemistry.

I run a 15 gallon that has been drilled and has a sump. Very stable water parameters because the sump adds water volume to the system, reducing fluctuations in chemistry.

Are you going to rely on hang on back filtration or will you be plumbing in a sump?

In the end, FAITHFUL 20% water changes on a weekly basis will keep your parameters stable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new