New to reef2reef, need help with LED lighting!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter hwk689
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hwk689

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm also just getting back into the hobby after a few years off.
I've almost got my 34 gallon solana tank (20x20x20 cube) ready for water.

I want to do LED lighting. I'm thinking a kessil a150w in 15k and ecoxotic strips to whiten it up.

Do you think 2 stunner strips in 8k would be enough? Do I need 2 panorama strips instead of the stunners? Help me!!

I plan on having mainly soft coral.

Thank You for any help!!
 
Honestly save yourself all the worries and get you a Maxspect Razor 120 watt LED fixture, you would have about the same amount of money in it. Also you can program the maxspect to ramp up and down and will give you the option down the road to have SPS if you wanted to .
 
Thank you, I'm looking it up right now. How is the shimmer from it? The shimmer is what I like about the kessil.
 
I have the 160 watt version I LOVE IT Here are some pics. Also they come with hanging kits and mounting legs

This first pic is of my tank with 2 AI sols on it (900$) total



This pic of a single maxspect Razor 16k 160 watt fixture


Look how thin it is
 
45261jpg_zpsab450d91.gif
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new