New to Reef2reef

dieselkeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
2,291
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Not new to fish keeping. I've been keeping freshwater fish since I was 12 years old. I bred Oscars and other cichlids for awhile. I converted a 90 gal to salt water with an over the back over flow. I started into saltwater right before Katrina. Tank had just cycled and I began to add live stock. So needless to say I did not loose to much. After a few years I was having too many issues with one of the tubes loosing siphon, so I upgraded to a reef ready 120 gal. That tank was heavily stock with mainly SPS corals. Now I just upgraded to a 210 gal. Glad to be here.

Joe
 
Hello Joe. Yes it is easy to get the upgrade bug! We have all upgraded at least once I think Lol! Welcome to R2R!
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 
Welcome post some pics of your tank.
 
Welcome Joe, love to see a picture of your tank :thumb:
 
Hi Joe! Welcome to R2R and congrats on the upgrade. We'd love to see some pics of your tank...

-M&T
 
Ok so here is what I tore down for an upgrade. Lost more than 90 percent of the SPS coral colonies.





 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new