New to reefing, new to the forums!

Chuka1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thrilled to be here... I'm a long time lurker as I've researched and dreamt about starting up my first saltwater tank and am excited that things finally came together to get one.

I have a 4 month old 45g rimless with a little selection of hardy, easy-to-keep softies and just recently gave LPS a try with a small frogspawn and some candy cane. I went for hardy, peaceful fish (gramma, clowns, firefish, and my personal favorite a midas blenny. Everything and everyone seems to be happy and healthy, though I frequently get "scares" as I experience the beginner issues such as GSP closing up, my candy canes looking off, or outbreaks of algae (still battling my latest). Keeping stability is my number one priority, so things seem to pull through with a little time and am just now starting to notice some decent growth in the first corals I obtained.

I actually have another 45g tank incoming from a friend that has been running for about 5 months... not sure what I'll end up doing with that besides my first move of replacing the crushed coral withs and and adding some liverock.

Look forward to learning from the amazing reefers here, thanks for letting me in! :)

A604gXXiQYWHz4sICYNFLA.jpg

Back